The Art of Crossover with Amy Justman
Time & Location
About the Event
Many actors are well-versed in how to audition for contemporary and traditional musical theatre roles. But there's an extra area of knowledge an actor needs for crossing into more classical rep.
In the first half, Amy will cover:
- What makes a good classical or operetta audition cut,
- What the "fach" system is for classifying voices in the classical world, and where you fit in,
- How expectations vary between the classical world and the theatre world, and
- What terms you need to know
Then, actors will perform their crossover audition pieces for Amy for feedback.
The class is $85 to participate, and $10 to observe.
- Observer$10+$0.25 Service fee$10+$0.25 Service fee0$0