Sat, May 15|
"I Wish I'd Known That Before College:" A Live TheoryWorks Q&A
Join TheoryWorks founder Amy Marie Stewart and NYU Tisch Voice Faculty Member Robert Frost for a live Q&A on music theory placement exams, what every freshman should know before arriving at school, and what life after graduation looks like for performing artists.
Time & Location
May 15, 2021, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM EDT
Princeton from Avenue Q sang "I Wish I Could Go Back to College..."
But what about "I Wish I'd Known That In College?"
There are so many unknowns for incoming performance majors: will I succeed? Will I have a career after school? What could I do now that would help me get ahead?
The panel includes:
- TheoryWorks founder Amy Marie Stewart (undergraduate and graduate degrees in Voice Performance from CU Boulder and Roosevelt University in Chicago), and
- NYU Tisch Voice Faculty member and TheoryWorks coach Robert Frost
Join us for a LIVE discussion on what incoming classical and musical theatre majors should know about music theory entrance exams, their degrees, and their careers after graduation (plus: what life is really like here in the Big Apple.)
Sign up to attend for $20.25 (this incoming years' graduation year!!), or....
**SPEICAL BONUS**: For a limited time only, you can attend both this College Q&A session **AND** purchase our Summer Music Theory Course for incoming freshmen performance majors for $99 (normally a total cost of $150).
Incoming performance majors are often not aware that there is frequently a required music theory placement test in your first week of school. Depending on how you perform on that test, it might be possible to either test out of all or part of your music theory requirements, or (yikes!) be required to take even more class.
(Plus: music theory is -- for some reason -- often your earliest class, sometimes at 8am.)
So, we’re offering performance majors a chance to get ahead.
The course includes:
- Specialized music theory instruction meant SPECIFICALLY FOR SINGERS. (College music theory courses are often for all music majors, including instrumentalists and composers, with emphasis given to them -- instead, we teach theory the way singers approach the material, using ALL VOCAL SCORES AND EXAMPLES in our instruction.)
- All music topics theory covered on the standard AP Music Theory exam.
- Detailed animations, Spotify playlists, and videos.
- A sample final exam to practice your skills before taking your music theory placement exam at school.
You can purchase lifetime access to this course *AND* attend our Live Q&A for only $99 **through 5/15 only!** Sign up now.
We look forward to seeing you all there!
Live Q&A Ticket (5/15) ONLY
Ticket for the live online event on 5/15
Live Q&A & The Online Course
+$2.48 service fee
Join us for the live Q&A on 5/15 for FREE, plus purchase lifetime access to the TheoryWorks Online Summer Course for $99 (normally $129) -- offer available for a through 5/15 ONLY
+$2.48 service fee0